Thursday, August 13, 2009

No More History for the moment but it's still a whinge.

I'm writing this because I want my thoughts recorded as something to go back to because I forget and muddle up so many things.

Ex is out and I've been watching Suze Orman, finance woman on Oprah. Maybe I shouldn't have watched it. I wasn't in a great mood to start with, having gone off at my son this morning and even threatening to smack him, as it seems to be the only thing he will listen to, hence the good behaviour at school.

Contributing to my (mild) stress is that my girl went to school today after staying home for a day yesterday. She has a residual cough from a cold she had last week and her teachers are telling her to wear a face mask to school because she's still coughing, so I kept her home to see if she'd improve by staying inside. She did, but she can't stay home indefinitely. With the haze being around (not as thick as on the weekend) and H1N1 here in Segamat, I actually don't want her attending school at all - it makes her cough worse and she's more vulnerable to catching something. Of course I'm probably over-reacting but she's had (mild) pneumonia before and so I'm concerned that if she's not 100% healthy and then catches THAT flu, she won't fare well. But today, because she does need to go to school, I've sent her, with the one face mask I have and telling her to wash her hands frequently. On a side note, you can't buy face masks here anymore, the entire Segamat stock sold out before I was even aware that we might need it.

She was talking about things that we need to do to make sure we are stable and financially fit and that we can pay for the things we think we need. It got me mad-ish that ex continues to work from home and not make that much. He's had me out of his business life for quite a while now (I was part of the cause of him not being able to succeed before) and he's still working from home but I don't know where it's leading. I'm not sure even he knows. I want him to succeed but I also wish he'd see the reality and see how much he needs to go and get a steady job that provides a steady income - because a steady income is what he needs - according to me anyway. It wouldn't be easy, I know, for him to do this, but I'm sure he could. He's intelligent and diligent and a quick learner and has maturity and experience on his side. Oh well, I guess it's none of my business. I do hope that whatever he is working on, succeeds for him. Really I do.

So that's it for today. I'm glad I'm 'helping' my students, because they are helping me live. Thank the universe for just that. Be grateful. I could be worse.

Cheers and smile everyone.

1 comment:

Melba said...

Hey Jo. I always read just don't comment every time. What happened to the bar management job? I can't remember, did you say something about that finishing?

Re the worries about children - that's a given. There will ALWAYS be something to worry about. You are not unusual in that regard. I think it's part of being a [caring, loving] mother.

It's been a warm but very windy day here today. The warmest for a while. I'm sure it's just a teaser and will go cold again.

Hugs

xxx

Ps email me your dates for when you are here. Want to put them in the diary.