Monday, February 18, 2008

I caught a squirrel

I'm feeling terribly proud of myself this morning. Over the weekend, I'd discovered that something had been eating the bananas hanging from the shelf in my kitchen. Slightly miffed and a bit scared (I'm not an animal person), I thought about what it might be. I discovered what it was when I wondered into the kitchen one morning and saw a squirrel sitting on the microwave - and with a swish of it's bushy tail, it promptly shot out the window. I thought it was gone for good, but then it came back - again and again.

I thought about keeping the doors and windows closed so I wouldn't have to deal with it, but not an option since it's so humid and stuffy here.

So I dealt with it by setting the rat trap and it worked. The little critter crapped all over the kitchen floor under the cage, poor thing, so stressed and I couldn't bear to kill it, so I put it in the car and let it go at the golf course. My kitchen is now a squirrel free zone.

No comments: