Thursday, May 22, 2008

And by the way, I do like American Idol

My morning, planning a study session with my exam encumbered daughter, was hijacked when I was flicking through the tv channels.

I don't normally watch reality TV - Big brother, top model, apprentice etc are just not my thing. But, I confess, I've been watching American Idol, season 7 right from the very start. From the excruciating auditions to the exciting finale between the Davids Archuleta and Cook. I wasn't expecting it to be on so early in the day and so when I found it, I had to watch it to see who won.

I really thought the young David would win, what with all those screaming fans and all. I preferred the other David. He's more my style of music, older and a bit more seasoned. His arrangements were so original and everytime (well almost) he sang, I thought "this man is a rockstar" -
Woooooo- hoo. He looked like a rockstar and performed like one and he met every challenge they gave him ie he sang 'the first time ever I saw your face' and I'm sure no-one expected him to sing a ballad so well - soft, yet still retaining that rockstar-ish quality. Mmmmm, love it.

So when he won this morning, I thought "this is going to be a good day (I don't know which part of my brain relates my life with David Cook's, but oh well).

And actually it did turn out to be a rather good day. The cleaner came, lunch was nice (bought not cooked), packed a little more, signed my son up for afternoon day care (Only 30 dollars a month people for 3 afternoons and they will feed and bath him and teach him chinese - a good deal), taught my students, heard from a person I'd been wondering about via my blog and will be cooking a simple pasta dinner tonight - the last meal I have to cook before we leave.

So of course all of this is pointing to one thing - I'm going on holidays very soon. YAY. I know I keep harping on about it, but I just can't wait to soak up my family and see everybody again.

And now I'm off to pack a little more and get dinner cooked.
Cheers


PS
I told my sis that I watch American Idol and she said "I don't watch that trash" and I said "so, what do you watch" and she said "median"............. Touche!

No comments: