There are two days to go before our journey back to Australia starts - not that it's a long journey, just 8 hours on the plane. The three of us are very excited. It will be easy just to go back, hang out for two weeks and return. But there are things I must do people, if I want to make the trip a good one. First, I must write a list.
I used to hate writing lists, thinking they were for dumb-asses. Who needs a list I'd think in all my arrogance. Well, I do, because if I don't, I ALWAYS forget some important thing and will be kicking myself afterwards.
So here's the list of gotta do's while I'm there:
1. Take kids to see planetarium at Scienceworks
2. Take kids swimming at wave pool.
3. Bake cookies for friends in mum's new kitchen
4. Sleep on my sisters couch - mmmmm, lovely
5. Have dinner with girlfriends - order steak and enjoy every moment.
6. Visit friends in Blairgowrie and Sorrento.
7. Spend day in Hurstbridge visiting my lovely Aunty and he family, who used to live in Rye.
8. Shred 9 years of financial files from business.
9. Shred entire boxful old letters from almost ex. - I want to burn them but it's not allowed.
10. Spend time with mum and dad teaching them the ways and wonders of the computer.
11. Attend body balance classes at my old gym - I love those classes.
12. Spend time with David S updating web site and talking about "emotional matters"
13. Drink coffee with Vesna
14. Take Chloe and Rachel to McDonalds - my teenage nieces
15. Visit niece Samantha at her new place (Melba, remember Samantha, she's moved out, has a job, car and boyfriend)
16. Drink hot chocolate and eat nahos with Catherine
17. Play with Jayde
18. Spa at midnight with Caroline.
19. Play at the park in the afternoon with kids and mum's dog.
20. Shop for smaller clothes!!!!
21. Take kids to see kangaroos up the back of Melton
22. Take kids to Melbourne zoo (optional)
23. Take kids to see a friend of a friends horse and watch it race (my kids haven't seen a live horse, not up close anyway)
24. Have a picnic at the park after riding there on the bikes and scooter.
25. Give all of almost ex's clothes to charity.
26. Sit with Dad and watch abc tv, talk later about all manner of things.
27. Sit with mum in her room, talk and have tea.
28. Make coffee for Dad and tea for mum.
29. Visit long time friends Pam and Ron in Bacchus Marsh
30. Have afternoon tea with extended family of aunties and cousins
31. Do accounts for business.
32. Set up bank accounts for kids.
33. Soak up the family atmosphere.
2 comments:
I'm stealing 'net time at work cause after an excruciating 2 weeks, I still have no web connected computer at home....but I had to say have a wonderful, safe and happy holiday with lots of quality you time.
Also, you asked me a question back on your 'this will pass' post, which I'm happy to answer, but perhaps via email??. You can reach me at mizanthrop@mac.com if you want to send me your email address.
Again, Bon voyage!! You and your musings will be missed.
Thanks so much Miz, and don't worry, I can't be got rid of that easily. I'm fortunate enough to have an internet connected computer at both ends.
x
Post a Comment