Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boy, I'm mad

This afternoon almost ex and I had a little chat about.... money. He's recently sold his share in a software program that he wrote a few years back for a decent sum. When he wrote the program, we were married, me being the stay-at-home mum and him programming from home. It made us some money in royalties, but not really enough to live on.

Fast forward a few years and now the money is in the bank. It's his he says, all of it. I'm entitled to half I say. Then take me to court he says. Fine I say, I don't want your (stinking) money.

This financial year we need to pay taxes, gst and contribute to the super fund, both his and mine. I have half the super amount that he has, because I stopped working outside and always took less salary from the business than him, to minimize tax. So tonight I say, we have to put in some money for super and I want to put some, not too much, into mine as well. His reply? Where are you going to get the money from!! And he says he tries hard not to be a bastard. Ugggh, boy am I mad.

No comments: