Well, here we are, me and the kids at mum's place. The flight wasn't too bad, though the food quality has gone down to the point of being almost inedible. I've never had much of a problem with airline food. We usually fly Malaysian Airlines and it's been OK. It's not a restaurant after all, and we seemed to have enough things to eat that were quite tasty.
I flew qantas once from Singapore and the food was really good, pasta with vegetables, fresh salad etc. I don't know if it actually was that good or whether I was influenced by the fact that I was on holidays by myself for the first time in a very long time.
Anyway, the kids slept and I slept for about an hour. Dad picked us up and I tried not to cry. I didn't want to seem to relieved to be home, lest they think my situation in Malaysia is worse than it really is.
Got home and it's honestly like I never left - except that the kitchen's been renovated, but the feeling of being here and slipping into the routine of life was too easy. My sis and kids came to see us during lunch and her kids are never very excitable, so it was all a bit ho hum - at least that's what is seemed like from the outside. I was glad to see my sister though, she's always got some drama happening that needs dealing with - sometimes they are good things (husband just got a new job, though it's in Kalgoorlie and she lives in western suburbs, Vic) and sometimes they're not so good (youngest child needs occupational therapy), but she deals with it.
It's hard not to eat too much here and I'll have to be careful - fresh cheese, ham and wholegrain breads, mashed potatoes and lamb, pork and mountains of lovely minced beef in the window at the butchers. Everythings so clean and lovely. At the deli, smoked fish, breads and pastas to die for. Yummo.
Time to go. Dinner's early here - 5 bloody 30. Still it's getting dark and cold so I'm sure the kids won't mind. Mum's on a timetable though, so must run.
cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment