Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just life

  • Poor son has a cold and is sleeping with mummy tonight because he is sick
  • Daughter hates the teachers at school and the noisy, naughty boy who sits next to her.
  • Ex is saying very little.
  • We've had western food for dinner two nights in a row. Must. cook. rice. tomorrow.
  • Daughter has another two hours of homework to finish before school tomorrow
  • The house is a mess and I don't have the energy to clean it up
  • My room is a mess
  • Truth is, I don't want to clean up unless I'm packing.
  • This Anwar take-over-the-government thing is giving me the shits. Hurry up and do it already so the rest of the country can get on with their lives.
  • Close friends say Anwar is bluffing - he doesn't really have the numbers for a takeover, even though he says he has
  • I want to rip into ex and tell him 'we have no future here, let me go home' - but I know that wouldn't be the best thing to do.
  • Having a positive attitude is not making this easier. It really does seem to be getting harder.
  • I needed half xanax today because I was angry with everyone. It worked surprisingly well.
  • I'm frustrated because no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get my son to do any sort of 'homework' in order to build up his English skills. I'm sure he'll be fine though.
  • My sis in law was nice enough to invite us to some lantern festival thing on Saturday night.
  • Interviewed a potential new student today but told the mother to give her another 6 months. The little girl is only 2 and a half, so I said that not-talking at this age doesn't necessarily mean she has a problem.
  • Went out for breakfast yesterday with another friend who I'm starting to see more regularly. My friend list has now expanded to 3. Woo-hoo.
  • Went for lunch today and ate rice and curried lentils (dahl) off a banana leaf, accompanied by sweet, milky tea (teh tarik). Yummo.
  • Despite the political turmoil in KL, things are quiet here. Life goes on as normal.
  • I'm worried that next year when my son attends the chinese school his sister goes to, he'll get many more beatings (smacks on the hand with a ruler from the teacher) than she does and he'll end up hating school.
  • One of my students parents took her son to KL for some speech therapy workshop and found out he knows more english than chinese. Score 1 for the Australian spec ed teacher that has been working with him for the last 6 or 7 months (that would be me).
  • When it rains and the frogs croak it sounds like we live in the jungle.
  • Damn mosquitos
  • The Malaysian stock market keeps dropping - damn global economy.
  • I've had 3 showers today - damn heat
  • Damn internet connection keeps dropping out.
That's it for today. I hope all of you are having a nice day.

2 comments:

Melba said...

man that's some list. beats mine!

x

phoenixmummy said...

I'm smiling. I didn't think it was such a good list. And I do like lists, especially yours. They define everything so concisely, giving a sense of what's going on, without all the drivel. :)