This week, my normally orgnanised daughter has lost 2, yes 2, school exercise books, both times resulting in a major panic.
After getting thoroughly sick of looking for the first one and at my wits of knowing where to find the damn thng, I told her this "Nevermind, I will cast a spell so that tomorrow you will find your book."
And I did. I said:
Abra cadabra, zippity zoo,
make this book appear to you!
(point at child with magical flourish and smile)
We didn't find the book in the morning. She left school with a note in her pocket apologising to the teacher for losing the book. However, she didn't need the note. When she was in class, she went to put another bunch of books on the shelf at the back of the room and when she got back, the said book was sitting on her table!!! Did a friend put it there? No and we checked to see if it was within another book. She couldn't explain it and my standing as a super-mummy went up astronomically. Don't you love it when your tricks work?
Now, I can put this down to co-incidence, but when she lost her science book yesterday, we did the same thing after failing to yet again, find the book. We said the 'spell' and smiled. Positive thoughts, we said, will bring the book to us. At school, she checked her bag again and yep, there it was. I had checked her bag at least 3 times before she went to school, so, go figure.
My conclusion is that I must be magical, like all mummies who can pull off all kinds of tricks and things with their kids. No wonder kids love their mums. I wonder if anyone else has had this sort of thing happen.
2 comments:
So great when something like that comes off and you look like a legend in your childs eyes. What an awsome feeling. Savour them they are jewels beyond value. You are becoming so cool. :)
he-he, thanks Pete!
Post a Comment