Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just a thought about...Explaining myself

I explain myself too much. It's a habit produced from years of trying to justify to ex what I do and why I do it. Years of trying to explain how I came to a certain decision, baggage from a very dysfunctional relationship and not knowing when enough is said. Not knowing that everyone DOES NOT want to know every minute detail of someone else's life and not being able to articulate what it is I actually want.

If someone comments that I'm late, I'll go all out to explain why I'm late, what happened and why. It's an effort to just simply say, "Sorry I'm late, I got held up".

It's a relief not to have to explain myself to ex, to tell him what I'm doing and why, the way couples tend to do (or maybe they don't, I wouldn't know). But sitting here, in the cool of my own room after a cursory glance and hello on the way in, is definitely something I enjoy about being separated - that and having my own bed.

No comments: