Today my Dad goes for his surgery to take out a kidney which has been diagnosed a cancerous. As far as I know, this is all the treatment he will need. No chemo or radiation or anything like that, so really, he's lucky. The doctor's caught it early so we can see this as a blessing - had it not been caught now, who knows what we'd be dealing with in a few years time.
My Dad's a bit nervous, but knows this is the best thing that could happen in the circumstances. As I write this, he would be preparing to go in. So I want him to know that he will be OK, that this is just a little hiccup and that at the end of the year, when we're all together, it will look like nothing at all and we'll be grateful for the time we're getting to spend together.
I love you Dad, be strong and I will call you soon - I don't really care about the cost, so you shouldn't. Be well and dream of your 11 grand-children while the doctors are making you better.
3 comments:
thinking of you, your dad and family jo. he'll be in good hands, and feeling better before you know it. having your visit to look forward will be really helpful for him.
let us know how it goes.
xxx
Thanks Melba, for your thoughts. He's through the surgery and in recovery. He's in hospital for another few days or so. i'll keep you posted.
that's good to hear, glad it went well. hope the weather is a little cooler for you, does it rain in great heavy downpours? how nice that would be after the heat.
x
Post a Comment