Sunday, October 25, 2009

Girls afternoon - short and sweet

Today my daughter and I had a lovely afternoon together, sans ex and my son, who stayed at home. Normally I take both of them out and that had been my intention today as well, but my son was in a really annoying mood and getting on everyone's nerves and ex was 'being himself' which doesn't annoy anyone but me I suspect - so we left the two of them together.

We went in to town, which is not very big at all, and parked centrally so that we could walk a little as well. Walking around town here is really hot, so most people don't do it, especially if you have kids in tow. But I thought I could manage today, with just one kid.

So we walked and talked and shopped, finding her just the right outfit for my Dad's 65th birthday dinner and a pair of jeans to wear on the plane ride. One of the great things here is that even where I live, I can still find decent clothes for the kids at a reasonable price. I spent RM116 for a lovely dress with matching jacket and a pair of jeans and put it all on my Australian credit card because the exchange rate is really good right now and yes, I'm running out of actual cash this month. So I actually only spent 38 dollars - cool. I collect fees next week so I'll be right for the next month, I just don't have much extra to spend on clothes and what-have-you.

Anyway, after shopping we perused a couple of sundry shops - smaller shops that sell anything from plastic ware to socks and stationary to nail clippers. After that a milkshake for my girl and some lunch for me in our only airconditioned cafe. Then it was off to the supermarket and back home. It really seemed like we'd been out for hours, but in fact only three hours had passed until we got back home, tired and happy.

The best thing about it? My daughter saying "Mummy, I love doing this with you."

Hmmm... got no money but life is good.

:)

No comments: