An Australian mum living in a difficult (but not abusive) domestic situation, overseas in Malaysia. My life is a roller coaster of emotion, depending upon how I happen to be coping at the time. In between rantings, whinging and learning to deal with life, I also teach kids with special learning needs and have things to say on what life is like here. It's a brutally honest blog, so proceed to read with caution.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I felt that this post was less of an update than the others.
Never mind, as an opener we were discussing last week while driving where the next volcanic eruption or earthquake would occur and I chose Indonesia.
I was surprised just how protected Malaysia is.
There is virtually nothing with volcanic activity on the Malaysia side of Sumatra.
With Toba the worlds largest volcano 400 K's West of you but is the other side of Sumatra.
As the Philippines is about 2500 K's away Malaysia seems somewhat "safe" from volcanic activity.
Hi Mr S, you made me laugh out loud (LOL) - I didn't realise... it's not that I didn't have anything to say, but more an unreliable internet connection and being distracted by fighting kiddies.
Ex was good enough to investigate tonight and has solved the problem - the internet, not the kids. Apparently our router is a sensitive little thing and doesn't like it when batteries of a rechargeable nature are nearby. He shifted those things out the way and here I am, safe and sound again.
Have taken two xanax since I got back. Most for a long time. Just can't get control of the angry thoughts and stupid conversations going around in my head. Will update properly tomorrow. Hopefully.
And thankyou for the volcano information. I really was wondering about that, given we're so close to Indonesia, yet barely feel a rumble - though we did when we were living in the condo in KL - scary stuff. Thanks again.
It has been a great weekend back here in civilisation. Good news for you with Ex finding that rechargeable batteries ruin the internet and here your mum is looking MUCH better. Still with all that good news I have saved the best for last. What a pleasant result it must be for readers of this blog with Carlton winning. No surprise and no disappointments there for any readers of the blog.
This one is for you MrS Excuse me while i let the nausea pass. You may call the season as early as you like, I will wait. We (geelong supporter have had plenty of practice in the past). Same sort of thing has happened before you realise. Sorry Jo for turning this into a footy forum but some things cannot be let slide.
Glad your mum is on the mend again but the sad reality is that they (our parents) are all getting older and I get more nervouse than most as my dad gets closer to his 80s. Parkinsons is not a kind disease and like your Mum he is lucky he has great support at hand, I try to stay in contact as much as possible these days as we just never know how much time we have.
But thats life and as I try and tell my children, as much as we hate the thought of it yhe final outcome is inevitable.
Hence my comments in an earlier posting that life is not a spectator sport.
Love Pete
By the way glad to see Ex has sorted out the conection problem, had a similar one myself at one of my worksites, we just dont realise how big a field those sorts of equipment(chargers) really throw out. Think about that next time you charge a mobile phone next to your bed???
4 comments:
I felt that this post was less of an update than the others.
Never mind, as an opener we were discussing last week while driving where the next volcanic eruption or earthquake would occur and I chose Indonesia.
I was surprised just how protected Malaysia is.
There is virtually nothing with volcanic activity on the Malaysia side of Sumatra.
With Toba the worlds largest volcano 400 K's West of you but is the other side of Sumatra.
As the Philippines is about 2500 K's away Malaysia seems somewhat "safe" from volcanic activity.
So, put away your Xanax.
Cheers
Hi Mr S, you made me laugh out loud (LOL) - I didn't realise... it's not that I didn't have anything to say, but more an unreliable internet connection and being distracted by fighting kiddies.
Ex was good enough to investigate tonight and has solved the problem - the internet, not the kids. Apparently our router is a sensitive little thing and doesn't like it when batteries of a rechargeable nature are nearby. He shifted those things out the way and here I am, safe and sound again.
Have taken two xanax since I got back. Most for a long time. Just can't get control of the angry thoughts and stupid conversations going around in my head. Will update properly tomorrow. Hopefully.
And thankyou for the volcano information. I really was wondering about that, given we're so close to Indonesia, yet barely feel a rumble - though we did when we were living in the condo in KL - scary stuff. Thanks again.
It has been a great weekend back here in civilisation.
Good news for you with Ex finding that rechargeable batteries ruin the internet and here your mum is looking MUCH better.
Still with all that good news I have saved the best for last.
What a pleasant result it must be for readers of this blog with Carlton winning.
No surprise and no disappointments there for any readers of the blog.
This one is for you MrS
Excuse me while i let the nausea pass. You may call the season as early as you like, I will wait. We (geelong supporter have had plenty of practice in the past). Same sort of thing has happened before you realise. Sorry Jo for turning this into a footy forum but some things cannot be let slide.
Glad your mum is on the mend again but the sad reality is that they (our parents) are all getting older and I get more nervouse than most as my dad gets closer to his 80s. Parkinsons is not a kind disease and like your Mum he is lucky he has great support at hand, I try to stay in contact as much as possible these days as we just never know how much time we have.
But thats life and as I try and tell my children, as much as we hate the thought of it yhe final outcome is inevitable.
Hence my comments in an earlier posting that life is not a spectator sport.
Love Pete
By the way glad to see Ex has sorted out the conection problem, had a similar one myself at one of my worksites, we just dont realise how big a field those sorts of equipment(chargers) really throw out. Think about that next time you charge a mobile phone next to your bed???
Post a Comment