Well. I'm tired. it's been a biggish week. My mum is great, very much back to her normal self. She even took a trip out of town. My sister's lovely dog is sick. I hope he's going to be OK. I almost cried when she told me because i know how much she loves that dog. The kids cousins are down from KL, staying with my mother in law but spending most of their days here.
I took a step back yesterday and again, realised how far I've come. Ex's mother had travelled to KL in order to bring the kids down for the week. It's a long trip. The usually 3 hour train ride took them over 4 hours. Even though she had the family's helper with her (the new domestic assistant from Cambodia), it was still tough going. When she rang me she sounded tired and asked me to buy dinner for them. I know how she hates doing that - she doesn't like restaurant food that much - so I offered to cook and said they should come straight to my place to eat. She accepted, so I set about preparing to have them over.
I did it without hesitation. I cooked for 8 people and they all liked it. I made roasted pork, which was rather nice and my MIL thought I'd gone out and bought it. No I said proudly, I made that from scratch and she 'oohed' over it. We had stir fried cabbage, fish fillets in sauce (which I'd made the day before), stir fried green vegie and steamed eggs. It was easy. I didn't flinch one bit.
When ex woke up from his 2 hourly "nap" in the afternoon, I told him that his mumand nephews and the helper were coming for dinner and that I had prepared everything. I reeled off the dishes (5) and then he commented "How'd you do that? Must be all the piracetam you're taking"
"Nope I replied, "I haven't taken any for a while now. This was just me." And I walked off.
I don't know if he thought it was good. I don't care. I just know that last time she came for dinner was at Christmas about 2 years ago and I almost went to pieces. This time, there wasn't even a moments hesitation and I really surprised myself.
It feels so good to be on the ball.
And I did it again today. And it was good again. And I made lunch (fritatta) and cookies for the kiddies and looked after them AND disciplined one of the nephews having a meltdown ala Super Nanny style - " no you're not going out there like this because we don't scream in this house and if you want to go out there, you have to stop screaming"- and he did. Then he drank his milk like I told him to and then he slept like I knew he would and then he got up and he was feeling better like I predicted. I think the helper was impressed. Even I was impressed with how this technique worked because that kid was screaming the place down and in the middle of it, I had no idea whether I was going to succeed or fail. Good thing for both of us that it worked out.
Now to sleep. It's been big day, with another one coming tomorrow and I gotta squeeze ina teaching session as well.
cheers people.
3 comments:
What a great time to recognise “how far you have come”.
We (I?) just think you are a little behind the times girl because we have already seen the change.
You display it in your written word here on the blog every week.
It is obvious when you are in Oz with the way you present yourself and even down to the degree of confidence where you can “demand” in the nicest way a tee shirt.
Ok that last bit was a joke in part, BUT, once (two years ago) you would never have even asked if I could get you one of those tee shirts. You existed almost as an empty shell, possibly almost frightened to say something for fear of offending.
NOTE: Even a Scorpio would NEVER have written that last sentence earlier on the blog for all to see.
Now, oh just how you have changed, I suspect you will read that sentence, nod, agree in part and most of all I hope.... genuinely laugh. Just have a laugh at the fac that you can laugh.
Oh yes, just how you have changed.
Later you wrote “I don't know if he thought it was good. I don't care”.
Two years ago that line would not have been uttered by you.
Oh my, “how far you have come” indeed.
Now, exposing again my ignorance, I had no idea what “Piracetam” was.
When I read up on it I realised that I should be taking it.
Aging, Alcoholism, Alzheimers’, senile dementia and those are only the ones I recognise.
Yep ticking those boxes....damn!
Still it seems that you are indeed the one back in the real world....... complete with confidence and insight.
Later you wrote “It feels so good to be on the ball” ..........I would simply say........welcome back JO.
Tears of joy for you.
I almost forgot a question...........”have you seen the back of the Cadbury Milk Chocolate bar and even Bega cheese"?
They have the label approving it as a Halal food. Not all Cadbury products have this endorsement though the “Snack” as does not yet have it.
Ok while the endorsement is small, it is there though I CAN ASSURE YOU.
Best to all on the blog.
Yes well done you, high fives and all that.
You are inspirational and are doing so well.
And it's so fantastic that you are seeing it and giving yourself credit and taking the kudos for all your hard work. Another person might make lots of reasons why it all worked out, "luck" etc.
So proud of you right now.
xxxx
PS And great to hear about your mum.
LOL - I did laugh Mr S. You know, if I'd have even thought you would give me that shirt when I "demanded" it, I don't think I would have asked for it. It was such shock when you handed it to me, especially as you'd been wearing it (he went into another room to change people)!!
And don't you worry, I don't think you need piracetam yet, even though, now that I think about it, you are close to those things mentioned. Don't let that bother you though, you're doing fine. :)And you've made progress too, writing things like that last sentence'. A while back, I would have gotten an entire email about it - which I did love by the way.
Thanks Melba, it wasn't luck but I didn't do it alone either. My family and friends helped me enormously, as did writing and getting so much support from you and the other lovely people that read this.
Terima kasih banyak banyak (thankyou lots lots)
:)
Post a Comment