I'm writing this from my friends computer. My friend who sits here with me and makes me feel so at home, I eat her cheesesticks while I write (making sure I wipe my hands first of course). I feel more comfortable with her than I do with some of my own family.
My internet connection is stuffed because one very small nephew of ex's ran down our very narrow hallway and knocked the modem off it's very small table. It was an accident and yes, I know they happen, I just wish this one didn't - because life without internet is barely worth living I tell you.
And it always happens when you least need it to - this time I was renewing domain names and again experiencing payment problems because I'm not living in the right country.
So here I sit, blogging, reading, laughing, eating and blogging some more while my friend is relaxing on her husband's computer. I'm havng a lovely time.
Actually, I'm probably suppposed to be here because I needed to get out for a while. The past three days has been a little tiring. Remember that meal I cooked? Well, I've done a similar thing (albeit with assistance from the domestic helper) yesterday and tonight. I've enjoyed doing it because it means I'm making a difference and I will not feel guilty next week when I go stay with the parents of the nephews for a night.
If my computer had been working at home, I would not be here. My computer just does not understand that it needs to work in the same way that ex's does and have a good connection to the modem. Nobody can figure out why this isn't so cos it's not like computers can think.... but I'm sure mine does. Stuff it, I hate my computer.
Time to rest. Enjoy your night good people. I love you.
3 comments:
Is ex without a computer asks the man who gives the shirt off his back?
No, not at all. His old computer (going on 6 years old now) is still going and he mostly gets a good signal from the modem. He has also spent a considerable amount of time rewiring the modem and extending the antenna so that my bullshit computer can pick up a signal. The aerial is now 5 or so metres away and my computer is loving it.
Me think it 'mazing.
I am surprised as I get a signal (weak) but servicable 30 metres from my TP Link wireless modem through brick and plaster walls.
Could it mean Malaysia has thicker walls, cheaper electrical type electrons or less active radio waves he asks as a question?
Glad your 5 metre PC loves it though. Perhaps your old computer is Imperial Microsoft and works in Yards?
Enjoy life Jo.
Post a Comment