Mr Scorpio, you're getting on a bit now, so I'll forgive the last comment you made, what with the spelling error and all. You can't help it after all. So allow me to show you just who is distracting me and keeping me sane until that time where I get to come home.
In this video, he's performing in Sydney with the acoustic version of a song from his album.
4 comments:
Ok he can sing a bit. But honestly how can you compair him to real stars like Annie Lennox (my personal favorite) the Gibb Bros the traveling Wilburys, Enya, Israel Kamikawio'ole,Dixie Chicks, david Bowie, Sir Elton John, Eric Clapton, Lee Ann Womack and countless others.
Whatever floats ya boat Ehh
HA HA Ha
Go You Girl
Love Pete
Ok Peter I could have readily conceded the haunting sounds of Enya but I now find it a little repetitious although I do concede “beautiful”.
Given I LIKE SO MANY songs I thought what memories can I leave.
I have long reserved Cleo Laine with "Please don't talk about me when I am gone" along with Monty Pythons "Always look on the bright side of life" at my funeral.
Nothing sombre when they box me up.
YES, somewhere on the invitations it will read “Bookings by arrangement and laughter by request”.
Cleos scat version of the "Bird song" when she played Carnegie Hall some while back was beyond my belief. I recall watching in awe; I listened in disbelief as this woman added enchantment. A “vocal gymnast” was the put down by those that did not enjoy her scat version but criticism was water of this little ducks back
Anyway the magnificent voice of Cleo Laine and the idiocy of the Python crew just seems appropriate come time for my disposal.
Mind you there will still be room for entertainment by Queen, because I like the sea "La Mer" by Charles Trenet, because I will take some with me (just in case) "Money" by Pink Flyod, as there is a possibility I am not dead “Joe Hill” by Paul Robeson, “Vie en Rose” by Edith Piaf... because I like it, "A Hard Days Night" by Peter Sellers since it was inventive, clever and stupid and as they intern me in a wall somewhere how about “Just another brick in the wall”.
We had a technical blog some months back now a musical theme enters.
Cheers
A bit - the man has a five octave vocal range, he's that good (Google it)! He's young, so give him time to mature a little and learn a lot. In the Idol final, he fronted Queen and did Freddie Mercury proud. He covered Bowie on tour and did a good job of that too - and he's much better looking than Bowie.
Dixie Chicks????? Really???????????
Mr S, you have a very wide ranging musical taste. I don't think I've ever seen you listening to music - goes to show how much I (don't) really know about you - and I've known you for a very long time!
I have trouble classifying my musical taste as I suspect many people do.
The lyrics of “Lilli Marlene”(Marlene Dietrich) and the year when it was produced just capture the times.
The only piece by Ravel that I ever took to was the Bolero and I believe it remains the only contemporary popular piece with most of his others I have heard being depressing dirges.
Look here to see how "Rieu the Dutchy" handle him... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4J5j74VPw
Amazing just how my musical taste has changed and just how good some singer are. I am green with envy.
Unrelated thought for the day.... “Do not store your water balloons in the freezer”.
Post a Comment