For want of something better to write, I've decided to post about the things that annoy me, because this is my blog and it's where I get rid of the shit that goes around in my head.
- people on facebook. I don't actually like facebook. I keep an account to see what members of my family and some friends are doing with their time. For instance, I recently learned that a member of my extended family is now out of prison and back home. I am a mere spectator, as I don't play games and I don't update my status - well, very rarely anyway. I can't imagine my family being remotely interested in the trivialities of my life and the friends I've got on there don't message me or contact me in any way so really, what's the point (there are a few exceptions)? It just makes me think there's something wrong with me and I'm a hair's breadth away from deleting my profile altogether.
- I've annoyed someone in my family, I wish they'd talk to me about it. I didn't intentionally annoy them, but my mum tells me I have. I want them to ask me about the issue, ask for clarification rather than just assume I meant the worst and react badly. Geez, write me an email if you have a problem with me.
- ex, although we've gotten on well this week, is annoying me. I took my daughter for a swim tonight and left my son in the care of his dad. When I came home, ex was fast asleep in bed, door shut and my boy was playing quietly alone in his room. Ex didn't even tell our son that he was going to bed. When I left for swimming, he was dozing on the couch. I don't like it, I don't think it's good parenting or making the most of his time with his children. The kids are left to their own devices and while it seems safe enough, something about it just doesn't feel right. I'm probably being over sensitive.
- my stomach hurts. That will teach me to have coffee at 11pm. It was good though and probably is the reason I am still awake at 1am and able to have a whinge here.
- someone is not paying the bills on time - it's not me, cos I don't pay the bills here.. Yesterday telecom called and told me that the latest bill hasn't been paid and today we went swimming and I saw ex's name on the 'suspended members' list. After reading the list, we'd turned around to go home when the life guard invited us in and and let us swim anyway. We had a lovely swim after we got over knowing that we were actually not meant to be there.
- the drivers here are shitting me to no end. They are so inconsiderate. The way they park, their impatience on the road. I have to concentrate so hard when I drive, just to make sure that I am not going to hit or be hit by some idiot who thinks that the road is their own personal raceway. Drivers of Malaysia, do not park on the corner of the road - that's not a parking space for your use, it's a junction, used by drivers who are moving and actually need the room to make a safe fucking turn. The other day I got stuck in a traffic jam after a huge lorry tried to navigate the narrow road that goes past the school. Of course he got stuck, after all there are cars parked on either and all sides, waiting to pick up their children. The addition of the lorry into this mess made it impossible for anyone to get out. So one by one, we had to back out of the street we'd turned into (me and four or five other drivers behind me), just to be able to get home.
- I'm an idiot. I was carrying my drivers licence in my small purse which I take everywhere, after not carrying it for months and months and I've fucking lost the damn thing. I've obviously dropped it somewhere. My wonderful mother has informed vicroads and assures me that they will send out a replacement. Ex gave me a lecture about organizing my purse to which I replied with a terse, YES, you're right. He is, but I hate the lectures. They're not lectures really, just a little bit of 'practical advice', but I can't stand it because it makes me feel like a complete idiot and he tells me over and over again. Just because you know something, doesn't mean you'll never make a mistake about it.
*
Rants over, so now for Other stuff
AOF - you asked about Malaysian food in Melbourne. There used to be a restaurant in Mt Waverly called PJ's. It was in a shopping area, which also had the Novotel hotel nearby. (I think). It was a small intimate restaurant. They served wonderful Malaysian food - their butter calamari (butter sotong) was to die for, but I don't remember nasi lemak or cendol being on the menu.
I've met another blogger just like me. She is a Brit, living in America. The short simplified story is that her husband up and left her and their two boys after they'd moved to the States and now of course, she just wants to go home with her children and he is making it difficult. Bastard! I read her blog and it was like looking into a mirror. What she thought about herself, how she tried to repair their marriage, the emotional roller coaster she has been on, what her ex thinks of her - it's freakingly similar though she's a much better writer than I. http://somemothersdoaveem.blogspot.com/
After I left a comment on her blog, she emailed me and asked to read my blog and I happily said yes. Welcome to my little blog, Nicola, it's nice to have you aboard and I look forward to your comments, if you care to make any.
Cheers people.
4 comments:
Hey Jo.
I agree with you re facebook. Those games! It's funny to see adults my age, parents, MOTHERS playing those stupid games. But then I have my own "time-wasters" so... whatever. I use facebook to stalk and that is it. And also people find me through it, like recently my best friend from Year 7. So cool to be in touch with her again. But for every person it's good to be in touch with again, there are about 10 who are just like driftwood that I've been forced to pick up. There was a reason we weren't friends 30 years ago...
Pissing off a family member. Now that you know, maybe you can write them an email, take action... I can't help but wonder why your mum told you, maybe she is hoping you'll smooth it out? I'm in the middle of my own thing with my brother, so I'm no expert.
x
And hi to Nicola, welcome.
And go Cats. Next week is a biggie. What's the goss Pete? What's Frank saying?
Hey folks. I am now putting facebook into the necessary evil catagory. I also found an old school chum through the network though like Melba I just look and do not participate (stalker).
Hi Nocola welcome
And Melba if you want a one eyed response from my father in law then of course they are lineing up for another flag but remember to keep the lid on it HaHa
Love to all Pete
PS Have stepped out of the safe square and put myself up for adoption to the IT department at work, who have accepted to take me on. Who would have thunk it ehh
Belated thanks :) Though being an inner city gal I'm more likely to go to Malaysia than Mt Waverly for a feed. The outer suburbs scare me!
Re FB - I only stay on it so I can play bejewelled...turns out I have a horrible addiction to playing mindless jewel matching games (I blame Malaysian Airlines, as I first played it on their inflight consoles)
Melba, sorry to hear about the thing with your brother. My brother and sister are having a thing like that and it's going to be a long time til they are on speaking terms again. Scary and sad.
I wrote the family member a message and the whole thing has blown over because I've actually bought my sister's car.
Thanks for popping in Pete, good onya re: the tech department thing. I'm sure you'll be fine.
AOF, Damn malaysian airlines for getting you addicted to stupid games. Next time, stick to watching movies. I can understand not wanting to venture into the suburbs - they can be scary, but so is the city.
cheers
Post a Comment