Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A life to be envied?? -edited

I feel like I should be doing something, but really, it's all done - most of it anyway, the rest can wait - my house is not a sparkling example worthy of a cleanaholic. It just that the washing machine and the ironing basket are empty - empty people, EMPTY (first time in years) - while the water jug, the pantry and the wardrobe are full of water, food and clean, ironed clothes - respectively mind, not together. I find that after dropping ex at work and daughter at school, I can come back and sleep til oh, 10-ish, then get up, potter around with a bit of housework, get son ready for school and think about the rest of the day, which is not really that taxing because I only have one student a day. Then I make dinner, get son from school, serve dinner and the nights are spent watching more tv - how many cop shows are there! Tuesdays are good because I get to go out at night after I've taught my English class and don't come home til after midnight - ex never calls me back now and I get home at whatever time I want to. I never give him a time that I'm going to be back now either, I just say I'm going to be out til late. What's not to love about my life, except that it's happening in the wrong country. Now, if I could just bring this life with me - sans ex and house, including all friends, restaurants and kids. It's already getting sad and scary to leave.

*
I finally took the plunge and went to the dentist - I've been avoiding it for about 5 years now, ever since we got here. After harping on about their teeth to my kids, I decided that I should behave like an adult, suck it up and get my arse to the dentist's chair. It didn't hurt and now I have sparkly healthy teeth. So glad I went just for the fact that I can now tell the kids that they should go. And it's so much cheaper here. I spent over an hour in the chair, had a major tooth refilled and had them cleaned in at least 3 different ways and the whole episode cost me about RM 130 - that about AUD50. And he's a good dentist. Not all of them are, admittedly and some of them are illegal. The guy ex used to see, who also messed up my son's teeth, is hopeless - not illegal, just a bad dentist. It really is necessary to ask around.

*

Son has been obsessed and moody lately. His current obsession is LEGO and Spongebob Squarepants (a cartoon on TV that he also has a lego set for). He talks about it constantly. He walks out of school and instead of saying hello mummy. immediately launches into what other spongbob lego sets he would like to have for his birthday or christmas. He knows the numbers of the different sets and how many pieces there are in each box. He makes up stories about them, watches little lego videos on youtube and takes apart and reassembles his own set again and again. And again. and again. And just when you think he must be sick of it, he does it again. Enough to drive me crazy. On the plus side, I do love his enthusiasm - the way he totally immerses himself in something.

Anyhoo, time for bed. So, so tired I can't think of a decent way to end this post.

Cheers

No comments: