I should be ecstatic. I'm not and I don't know why! My son is angry with me, he doesn't want me to go and accused me of being selfish and not thinking of my family. Hmmm... I told him that if mummy is happy, then the family is happy and by the way, I think of my family every single hour of every single day - if only he knew. He wasn't having a bar of it. He said some more mean things and I told him to go to bed, only to have to rescue him later from his bout of uncontrollable sobbing. I haven't heard him cry so hard in a very long time. He'll be OK though. It's just going to take a little while for him to get his head around it. I told him that even though he's angry, it won't change what I'm going to do.
My daughter is OK with it though and so is ex who spent an hour with me last night talking about the possible logistics of getting up there and back again on my own, safely. That was nice of him I guess. He said I should go and even offered to pay for it. I told him I wanted the best tickets and he didn't even hesitate. He also offered to drive up on the same day just to pick me up afterwards if that was what I wanted him to do. We'll plan later on what is going to happen.
But the important thing is, I'm going and I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment