Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Well this sucks - but not as much as it could have

I REALLY don't like the Malaysian government. Because he is gay, Adam Lambert has to abide by restrictions placed on him which include staying 25ft from the audience. And he has to keep his clothes on - NOT THAT HE TAKES THEM OFF! And he's not allowed to kiss any band members, especially the male ones - which he does do, consistently, to the cheers of his fans.

But this really sucks. Even though I'm in The Pitt, I won't be able to get close to him. I really wanted to see those eyes up close.

Hmmm, I'll just have to close my eyes and listen to that voice.

I guess at least I get to go - other artists have cancelled in the face of such demands. Hope there are no protests. Come to think of it, I was a little surprised that the government agreed to let him perform here at all, as homosexuality is a crime here. So I guess we're lucky in that way!!!

I'm off today. I little more nervous than excited now, but Adam's promised a fun show. My train leaves at 11.40 and I get to KL at about 3. I have to take another train to the outlying suburb of Bandar Sunway and my friend will pick me up from there. Wish me luck people. I'll be back Friday night at 5.30 but then have to rush home, change and eat and go teach a class at 7.15. Then I'm going out with my friends to blurt it all out. That way I won't need to feel like I have to talk to ex about it. I'm sure he's not interested anyway.

Take care people.

2 comments:

Melba said...

Have a great time Jo!!! Keep safe and enjoy!

x

phoenixmummy said...

Thanks Melba. Will try my best.

Hugs.