Monday, October 25, 2010

The world of others

Ensconced in my own little world of emotional dramas, I don't often comment on other things. However, the recent spate of suicides among young gay teens caught my attention last week and that of many others, including Adam, of course. I can't understand why people are still homophobic. Adam's being gay has never had any impact on me. I adore him just the way he is. In his words, sexual orientation is such a small piece of who we are and to help spread the word, I'm posting this.


2 comments:

Melba said...

He speaks well and I think it's a great project. We're going to try and use some of these "It Gets Better" clips at work. We have projects running with GLBTIQ youth.

It's a really important issue!

phoenixmummy said...

He does speak well. Good job Melba. It is really important that something gets done. The situation these kids are finding themselves in is just heartbreaking and rather than getting better, it just seems to be getting worse for them.

Perhaps if people care and do what they can, it will get better one day.