Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Great things my kids have said to me

Daughter, (18 mo) I wuv mummy arm (cuddling me arm as she went to sleep)
Daughter (2) Mummy got pretty eyes
Daughter (3) That's mummy's bum (referring to a picture of me she's made with magnetic shapes)

Son (5) Mummy! I'm going to take your skeleton out and put it in the trash (when he was mad at me)

Son (6) Mummy, do you know your food goes down to your anus? (in a reasonably loud voice while we were eating lunch at a cafe)

Daughter (6) Mummy, you go if you need to go, but I'll miss you (hand on my shoulder, looking into my eyes)

Son (6) Now, I'm going to read this, I need to know what's going on (opening the newspaper and putting it beside him, while eating his breakfast in the hotel in Malacca)

Son (6) Now, do I put a vowel or a consonant (writing his first story about Tom and Jerry)

These are the things currently burned into my brain. I'm sure there are many more, they've just got to surface. Just needed to finally get these things down in print, before I forget. So precious, the things kids say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, it must be something about being five....my eldest threatened to throw me on the dump at about the same age.

Melba said...

wow and you remember those things? i was impressed, thinking you'd written them down somewhere. good for writing them here, but have another copy somewhere.

precious, precious memories.

xx

phoenixmummy said...

Is your eldest a boy? My girl at the same age never came up with funny things like that, but she did her own little things.

Melba, I think I have them in a scrap book somewhere, but these are from my head. You know what else is burned into my brain? That camping trip we went on that time to Cohuna with the kids we were teaching. I can still tell that story in amazing detail. I really am better at remembering good times, such as those we had with those kids.