- I can take the kids out by myself and not feel guilty that we are leaving ex behind.
- My room: This is what I really love. I have my own room, with bedroom furniture in it. Strange as it may seem, I've never really had bedroom furniture. Almost ex and I always used boxes covered with table cloths for side tables and just had a bed and a big set of drawers and built in robe. NOW, I have a dressing table, side table, bed with a bedhead and a wardrobe, all in matching dark brown, chosen BY me to suit ME. I also have my computer and my daughter's study table in here, with a book case or two.
- I can come into my room and just do what ever I feel like doing.
- I don't have to take him on holidays.
- I don't have to worry about what I look, smell sound like when I sleep.
- My best friend is my mobile phone. I take it everywhere, it gives me cheap rates for overseas calls, wakes me up, reminds me of the things I have to do, keeps my appointments, entertains me and times my sessions so I know when it's time to pack up my students. It's reliable, strong, small and is my link to my world. It even takes pictures of my kids. I honestly don't know what I would do without it.
- And I love it even more because I bought it myself, here in Malaysia, for a pretty good price. Funny how these things become important. My next phone will have WIFI so I can browse in cafe hotspots while drinking coffee and taking a break.
- I can go for coffee by myself and not have to explain myself to anybody.
- I don't have to "talk" to almost ex about myself and talk about all the things that are wrong with me (I'm soooooo tired of doing that)
- I can go out with my friends at night and not feel guilty.
Cheers
2 comments:
yay you jo. keep on seeing the good things for what they are.
i loved your list. and envy some of it not a little. ie sleeping by yourself, and not having to consider a partner. while i like sleeping with clokes, it's such a feeling of freedom to be alone in a bed. and quite delish.
thankyou. I do love my bed. It's a welcome, peaceful respite from the day to day stuff and it's all mine.
Post a Comment