Well I'm over the slump and back to normal. Apologised via sms to almost-ex because a friend asked me if I'd made the 'stupid comment' just to spite him, after all I've been here long enough to know that there are no rental car companies in this town. Sub-consciously, I probably did, because what she said was true, so I apologised. If you'd asked me at the time whether I said it to spite him, I would have strongly denied it and gone on about wanting some independence from him, etc. But underneath, the other version could be just as valid.
So onto other matters:
The weather: Sultry and very hot. The humidity is all encompassing, necessitating a shower at least twice to three times a day. My sleeping aircon temperature is a cool 19 degrees C. Not much rain around, but when it does, it comes down in buckets.
Shopping: Shopping was at the local Giant supermarket (like coles and k-mart put together). I can get most things I want there, though their veggies are usually not the freshest. I bought chicken keel which is fillets still on the breast bone, chicken legs and thighs. We eat a lot of chicken because I can't always get fresh pork and beef, and the fish is not always nice. I don't like to buy my meat from the local market because the whole place just looks too dirty - uggh. I used to go to the local 'pasar malam' (night market), but I've gone off that too. Too many people, dirty fish stalls, but good fruit, vegies, hawker food stalls (satay, noodles, and lots of other yummy food to eat). Cheap toys, shoes, clothes (don't fit me) and knick knacks.
I also bought muruku, a Indian-derived fried snack food that looks like fried noodles all chopped up, quite tasty and peanut biscuits, which I haven't had for ages. Must be careful not to eat too much, because like all snack food, it's full of fat and sugar.
Shopping: Imitation Crocs in hot pink and light blue for the kids at RM 14/pair. These plastic shoes are great for when we go swimming at our local sports club. Malaysia is a great place to buy clothes for kids. The local brands are well made and not too expensive, they have designer brands (which are expensive) and they have the cheap Chinese imports which are really cheap. I usually stick to the locally made brands like Annaku, O'Dear and Bindi.
What's for lunch: We went to a cafe that serves western food and we shared club sandwiches, fries and chicken wings, milkshakes and ice-blended coffee. I'm finding Chinese food less and less palatable, so we go to eat western food when it's just the three of us.
Around town: Town was busy. There's not much to do here but shop or drive around looking for something interesting to eat, so there were many cars around, parked all over the place, as is the habit in Malaysia. Alot of little motor bikes too, whose drivers carry a death wish I'm sure. They make me nervous.
Drinking: I wish it was a nice wine, but it's a can of 100+, a locally made isotonic drink that is the only thing that can quench my thirst when it's this hot. Water, even cold water, just doesn't cut it. When it's this hot, I allow myself 1 sometimes 2 cans a day.
For dinner tonight: Nothing much. The kids want to go swimming, so we'll go there first and come back and make grilled cheese or french toast with lean bacon on the side. Fruit for supper.
Tonight, almost ex is back. He's late because the car he borrowed in response to my stupid comment, broke down and he's driving slowly all the way home. He's sounds OK about it but I never know because he's the master at hiding his feelings, whereas people can usually read me like a book.
Cheers for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment