Sunday, May 4, 2008

Stupid things almost-ex has said, which I can't get off my mind

These things have been floating around in my mind for years now and in a bid to get these ghastly things out of my mind, I will put them here. Some of these things are funny, some are awful, some are annoying, some are incomprehensible and make me think that he's the problem (although I know we both are).

Here goes:
1. late 2000: You should be thinking about marketing while you are breastfeeding. (at the time we were developing software for kids with special needs, which was my initiative.

2. Me: do you like my haircut? Him: yes, it's more organised. (what am I?, a fucking filing cabinet!!!). He said it again for the next haircut!

3. Him: can you get me that thing I asked you to buy? me: yes, here it is (handing him the thing in it's original hard-to-open plastic packaging). Him: you should have opened this for me.

4. Him: these paper clips are on the wrong way. me: (blank stare) okaaaaay.....

5. As we were leaving the counsellor's office, he said to the cousellor, "when do you take thoughts of suicide seriously? Counsellor gives me a blank, wide-eyed stare, I shrug my shoulders and we leave!

6. "when you back out at high speed... it can damage the car" This was about what he thinks I do when I back out the car. (high speed??? I don't think so... I drive an underpowered 8 seater bucket of crap and back out at rolling speed)

7. You need to teach him to eat properly, his eating skills are terrible (about my son when he was 4 and eating dinner at the table)

8. Me: Guess what? I've lost 5 kilos. Him: See how fat you were! (this is coming from a man who used to be 100kgs at one point in our marriage)

Ugghh.

9.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About 2 years ago I got my waist length hair cut to a shortish bob. When I asked my beloved other half what he thought, he said:

"you realise that you've just cut off your youth? you'll have to get a blue rinse next."

We seem to have quite a few things in common, not least being having people in our lives with significant control issues and zero insight into their own foibles. And did you allude to a Dutch heritage a few posts ago too?? maybe it's in the low-lander blood?

phoenixmummy said...

Miz, oh my god (she says laughing in disbelief... do these people not hear themselves when they speak?) We do seem to have a few things in common. Yes, I have a dutch heritage. Both my parents are dutch and came over on the boat about the same time. I was born in Australia though. I think you're right, must be in the blood.