Monday, July 14, 2008

a snaphsot

A snapshot of life at the moment:

I'm taking:
piracetam - a smart drug supposed to improve memory and cognition but it seems to be helping with my fatigue problem as well. I do remember little things more, like where things are, what I've been doing and I can usually solve the 9 letter word problem my mum sends me via sms a few days a week.

magnesium and calcium: to help prevent osteoporosis and magnsesium is very important for the body. It also seems to help with my monthly migraine, making it not so severe and it helps off set some of the mild side effects of taking piracetam

fish oil: because I feel like I'm getting older and my joints will need all the help they can get because of the family history of arthritus.

xanax - to overcome those nasty little (actually big) mood swings.

berrocca - for the vit C and b12 to help lift my energy levels. also has zinc and an extra dose of magnesium (we need 400mg a day)

What I'm doing:
- contributing to a Borderline Personality Disorder forum - loads of people just like me off loading the shit that goes around in their heads but also helping each other feel accepted and not crazy. it feels good to hear that I'm not some stupid, skill-less nut who can't control herself (but SHOULD)

- thinking about taking a 2 day trip to Singapore to see my student from KL who is now walking (couldn't walk at all when I saw him last). My friend Kim wants to come, which means her husband will want to come - it's getting complicated. maybe I'll just get on the train and go.

- doing fun things with the kids to let them know that their mum loves them, despite being cranky a lot of the time. Tonight, with ex away, it's movie night. Popcorn and pirated dvd's. Wall-e or Kung fu panda. Last week we made paper models and the kids made a puppet show.

- taking my son to a cafe for a milkshake once a week and letting him talk about the Wiggles and Tom and Jerry as much as he wants. If I let him, it's all he talks about, so we usually limit him and sometimes I just tell him to STOP TALKING! At our weekly milkshake cafe, he can talk all he wants and I listen intently to him.

- thinking about doing the accounts. Got til 28 July for this. Must check with accountant soon.

- still teaching in the afternoons but realising that this will end in probably 2 months or so, once the autistic centre starts up. I instigated the process for this centre because this town badly needs it. The students I teach are the ones who are committed to go there, so instead I will volunteer my time to teach the teachers and teach the kids in one to one sessions.

- thinking about tutoring in English, to earn a little pocket money. My trip back to Australia for Christmas 2009 will cost me about AUD 3000 (that's 10,000 ringgit) - a lot of money that I don't currently have.

- want to join a new gym because I want to build muscles and be strong - it's a long standing fantasy of mine - to have a ripped bod, but hopefully I can make it a reality. Of course, I gotta join the gym first, which means I got to find it and try to talk to the people there! I miss my Pilates classes at Ocean Fitness in Sorrento - they were great and I was quite fit and strong then.

- listening to the rain about to come down. It's going to really pour which is great - the drain needs to be washed through which is something only a good downpour can do. Love the rain here, just love it. And the thunderstorms. Nothing like a good storm to bring you back to nature.

- I'm also lying down alot, watching tv alot, not sleeping as well as I would like to be and not getting any exercise. Must do something about this.

Cheers

2 comments:

Melba said...

hey jo good to see you blogging so much. i don't drop by for a few days, and then i do, and i see all these great posts.

just wondering about the xanax. it's a pretty powerful medication, and i guess i'm a little concerned.

email me to discuss if you think it's not appropriate here...

or to tell me to mind my own business!

xxxxxx

phoenixmummy said...

Watch your inbox Melba! I'd never tell you to mind your own business. :)