Why is it that some people can just come up with a nice dinner, just like that - or they seem to. Tonight I just don't know what to cook for dinner. What I really want to do is just make some pizza for me and the kids - cheese, capsicum, olives, pineapple on wholemeal tortilla with some salad on the side - is that an acceptable dinner? I always feel guilty because ex doesn't like this kind of food. We love it, but it just gives him a stomach ache. And even though I sound big and brave now, I still get torn between what I want to do and wanting his approval. Arrrggghhh.
No matter. I've just told him what I'm cooking and he's Ok with it - he'll have just a bit and if it's not enough, he'll go get something. See, he's not unreasonable. He's OK.
2 comments:
Hey. I've got a ton of recipes. How about San Choi Bau? The kids would like it.
Pan fry some garlic, spring onions and fresh grated ginger in vegetable oil and sesame oil. Brown minced meat. Add sliced bean shoots (fresh) and sliced water chestnuts (tinned) and stir through. Add a sauce made of oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Top with toasted pine nuts. Serve over rice. It's fucking amazing.
We had it tonight, the kids love it. It's meant to be served in a lettuce leaf "cup" but they were too disastrous so we started just shredding lettuce and serving it as a garnish on top. YUM.
Let me know. I can email you some more quick yummo recipes. Sometimes the best ones are the simplest. Fewer ingredients so you can taste them. Tinned red salmon over rice with salad vegies. Pan-fried garlic, chopped fresh tomato, spring onion, anchovy and olive oil tossed through cooked spaghetti. More oil, some parmesan cheese or fried breadcrumbs YUM!
x
Thanks Melba, I'll try this recipe, when I get some minced pork or beef. It sounds great and my son loves 'meat crumbs' as he calls mince.
Ill email you some ingredients and see what recipes you have - when you're not so busy of course.
thanks
x
Post a Comment