Friday, September 18, 2009

And the puking goes on... but it's not me and it's all over my floor

The 3 hour break at KLCC did turn out to be the best thing. By the time we had to meet up we'd both calmed down and without saying anything further, excepting the small talk, and we began the three hour journey home. When we travel, my job is to watch for signs and directions so I did that but once we were out of the city, I crashed (went to sleep). I was so tired, not only from the half xanax I'd taken earlier but also from the whole episode. It's so draining and after what we'd been through, I thought I'd better just shut up. So it was a quiet journey home and we arrived back at around 7.


And so to today. We're back to that normality that we've created and everyone is fine. We are back to conversations like "I'm making coffee, would you like some?" and "Are you going out tonight? No, you can" - normal stuff.

I had a student come today, the hyper one that can't speak English. The trouble with not speaking English is that you can't tell your teacher when you are going to vomit all over the floor. And the trouble with not speaking Chinese is that you have to get your ex to translate for you to tell the mother what has happened. Poor kid, he just went pale and let it all out. I panicked a bit because there was so much of it and it's always more awful when the child is not your own. But luckily I have a stomach for these things and the clean up was quick. I've seen much worse.

Anyway, time to cook, shower and get ready to teach English tonight. Tomorrow is the English class and then on Sunday we are going to lunch at a friend's house in the next town for Hari Raya (malay new year). The friends are the teachers at the autistic centre so that will be nice.

Selamat Hari Raya.

PS who won the footy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Footscray lost by 7 points in a great effort. Lack of accuracy in the first 1/4 kicking 2goals 6 points. then rewolt in the last 1/4 kicked 4goals to give st kilda the game. At the end of the game when tha players are getting tired, the short men are tired but the tall men are still tall. Footscray desperatly needs a tall forward or two. Oh well there is always next year. I hope the Cats can come through for me.

Mr Scorpio said...

Geelong will now win because of the way Footscray ran them around the MCG.

My wife and I were at the match and the Saints were ran ragged and it was only as you say that Footscray failed to covert.

Man of the match if he was not should have been Nick Riewoldt. That "kid" is the St Kilda team yet he was "only" ninth on the list of most possesions last night. Oh what he does with those possesions makes him a champion!

Oh by the way, hope everyone is well but back to the game.

My wife had not been to a game before last year and now she cannot wait to get to the games because of the atmosphere.

However in a tight low scoring game the Dogs had more scoring shots than the Saints but poor accuracy ended their season last night.

By the way good football blog Jo.

Cheers to all.

Melba said...

Cats won tonight. Grand Final next week against the Saints.

Go Cats.