An Australian mum living in a difficult (but not abusive) domestic situation, overseas in Malaysia. My life is a roller coaster of emotion, depending upon how I happen to be coping at the time. In between rantings, whinging and learning to deal with life, I also teach kids with special learning needs and have things to say on what life is like here. It's a brutally honest blog, so proceed to read with caution.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
It's a footy blog
Hmmm, the only thing I can say with regard to footy is...
In keeping with the Football theme of the blog I will be attending a Grand Final day at Devon Place.
I have not told the home owner yet (I will) but you are all invited on Saturday! (Bring wine, beer and lots of crayfish) Actually even if you cannot come just send the crayfish or call and I will arrange for it to be picked up provided the crayfish is within Australia Jo. Just a note to Jo… in deference to my aging body Jo I no longer mix wine and beer. You can now discard those long held images where I was once so refreshed I needed assistance.
Having spent last Friday night in front of two rabid female St. Kilda supporters I will support Geelong. These two twenty something girls were living every minute, no read second. A good friend of my wife (goes to all home St. Kilda matches) could not watch the last 10 minutes and she was at the game. It appears that football is vitally important in the lives of some people.
I will support Geelong on Saturday however I will wear a St. Kilda scarf to show bipartisanship. I do not believe that the St. Kilda players can recover in time after what the Doggies did to them on Friday. If Geelong do win a letter of gratitude should go to all the Footscray players.
Next Saturday in the first few minutes of the match, in the spirit of Grand Final football someone may need to “accidently” flatten Nick Riewoldt (and cop three weeks) to ensure a win. If Riewoldt is on his game it will still not be easy to win.
Here is a thought for you folk ….based on the last few games whoever kicks the first goal will not win. Essendon did and they lost, Adelaide did and they failed, Collingwood, Carlton all in the same situation. Who kicked the first goal out of the Doggies and the Saints? Yep it was the Doggies.
For those that bet (I do not) whoever kicks the first goal next Saturday ring Sports Bet and place a lazy A$50,000 on the other team. Consider it a short term investment.
I heard someone say once it is only a game. With Carlton no longer in the mix they might be right.
Cheers to all, enjoy the week and I hope your team wins.
As a Geelong supporter of many a year, I would not begrudge the Saints the Premiership.
However, having said that, the late '80s and '90s disappointments are still scars that I bear to this day.
Am planning a wild and crazy roadtrip to surprise family members on game day. My sister and her family will be in Canberra with my brother watching it. I am going to pack myself and Princess into the car and drive up and surprise them.
Mr Scorpio, glad to hear you're not mixing the two now. That one image of you suffering, lying on the couch saying "[wife, wife] get me a bowl!" has been burned into my brain for, OMG, the last 27 years! Now even I feel old. I think it's time to let go of that one. LMAO (laughing my arse off) remembering that one!!
3 comments:
In keeping with the Football theme of the blog I will be attending a Grand Final day at Devon Place.
I have not told the home owner yet (I will) but you are all invited on Saturday! (Bring wine, beer and lots of crayfish) Actually even if you cannot come just send the crayfish or call and I will arrange for it to be picked up provided the crayfish is within Australia Jo.
Just a note to Jo… in deference to my aging body Jo I no longer mix wine and beer. You can now discard those long held images where I was once so refreshed I needed assistance.
Having spent last Friday night in front of two rabid female St. Kilda supporters I will support Geelong. These two twenty something girls were living every minute, no read second. A good friend of my wife (goes to all home St. Kilda matches) could not watch the last 10 minutes and she was at the game. It appears that football is vitally important in the lives of some people.
I will support Geelong on Saturday however I will wear a St. Kilda scarf to show bipartisanship. I do not believe that the St. Kilda players can recover in time after what the Doggies did to them on Friday. If Geelong do win a letter of gratitude should go to all the Footscray players.
Next Saturday in the first few minutes of the match, in the spirit of Grand Final football someone may need to “accidently” flatten Nick Riewoldt (and cop three weeks) to ensure a win. If Riewoldt is on his game it will still not be easy to win.
Here is a thought for you folk ….based on the last few games whoever kicks the first goal will not win.
Essendon did and they lost, Adelaide did and they failed, Collingwood, Carlton all in the same situation.
Who kicked the first goal out of the Doggies and the Saints? Yep it was the Doggies.
For those that bet (I do not) whoever kicks the first goal next Saturday ring Sports Bet and place a lazy A$50,000 on the other team. Consider it a short term investment.
I heard someone say once it is only a game. With Carlton no longer in the mix they might be right.
Cheers to all, enjoy the week and I hope your team wins.
As a Geelong supporter of many a year, I would not begrudge the Saints the Premiership.
However, having said that, the late '80s and '90s disappointments are still scars that I bear to this day.
Am planning a wild and crazy roadtrip to surprise family members on game day. My sister and her family will be in Canberra with my brother watching it. I am going to pack myself and Princess into the car and drive up and surprise them.
It's very exciting.
A road trip does sound exciting, Melba.
Mr Scorpio, glad to hear you're not mixing the two now. That one image of you suffering, lying on the couch saying "[wife, wife] get me a bowl!" has been burned into my brain for, OMG, the last 27 years! Now even I feel old. I think it's time to let go of that one. LMAO (laughing my arse off) remembering that one!!
Have a good day Saturday everyone.
Post a Comment