Ex came and talked again today. Talked about how much can get done if you're in the right frame of mind, how his people don't understand that he's been depressed for so long and even though he wanted to work and do things, he just couldn't. I understand, I've been there. His eyes are opening to what has been happening to him and how changing his thinking and letting go of issues allows him to go in a different direction. He is working now and getting paid for it. He did a web site last week in 5 days and though it's fairly simple, he learned a lot of new things which he can use in the future. He told me he's going to focus on his strengths again and do web sites for people (as opposed to running pubs and things) and the Segamat . com thing will be on the side. He knows he needs to go out and meet advertisers for that site rather than letting someone else do it. He knows too that when you act positively, good things happen. Go with the flow of the universe he says - yes, I've known that for a while now but I couldn't tell him that because of where we are with each other (ie nowhere). He even notices the things I do to make myself happier - music, Adam Lambert, doing small things that make a difference.
So for the moment, it's mostly good (excepting the fact that I can't be with mum to help her). My students are doing well. I have two new ones this year and they will challenge me. I've been to NASOM and am giving advice on the pre-vocational program to the teacher that's in charge of the older students. When I was explaining how to design the curriculum for these students, I saw the light go on in her eyes as she understood what I was on about. It was nice to see. Now, if it would only rain a little...
1 comment:
Sending you and your mum hugs, as well as wishing for rain for you.
Interesting about the shift with ex. Interesting.
Sometimes we can forget that we are all doing our best and all struggling. It's not helpful or kind to paint a person into a static, immovable box with a label on the outside, from which they can never emerge. I commend you for being open to thinking about things, and him, differently, and seeing his progress and giving him credit for that.
BUT be careful. This new shift could be risky to you if he also shifts and starts thinking that you are not such a bad person (WE know that!) but from reading everything as I do on here (don't comment all the time) I'm seeing some signs that ex is making changes (GOOD) but also that he might turn to you (not so good, for you.) Be prepared, he might ask something of you. Don't be rushed into anything, you can always ask for time to think. And certainly don't get physical!!! That goes without saying; he's like a (difficult) brother now.
Wow I'm preachy this morning aren't I? MY ex flies off today so yay. Must be feeling the weight lifting already!
Post a Comment