As mentioned in the previous post, I have to watch my words. Here is what I've heard him say in the last week (and my sarcastic thoughts in italics):
You must get the children to help around the house, or they will never learn (no, no they won't and they will end up like me, terrible).
Woah, woah, watch it, careful. It's alright, don't take it personally, I'm just telling you to be careful. When you lift the back door of a loaded car, you have to watch that things don't fall out.
Really, stupid me, I didn't know THAT...
I'm going to see another doctor, I don't think CB is taking me seriously. Either I've got ADD or Post traumatic stress disorder. (yes, being married to me is equivalent of doing a tour in Afghanistan, you poor thing.)
Me: can you hear that rhythmic sound coming from the back of the car?
Him: YES J. There IS something wrong with the car and I WILL get it fixed.
After we got home, he got the car fixed for another problem (spark plugs not sparking) and the rhythmic noise and a strange grinding sound is still there. I'm waiting for the back end of the car to fall off.
Watch your words I say, just watch them. These also go on my list for "reasons I want to go home tomorrow."
8 comments:
Sound like he is being a bit of a sooky lala but at my age I have probably learned to ignore a lot of things also, just for the persuit of a peacefull life. (does not exist). The way he is now self diagnosing is not healthy, does he feel his doctor is so incompetant. Tell him we have really good ones in Oz if he moves back.
Love Pete
It might be too mischievous to just leave this lying around.
Could you try starting the conversation gently with something like “you have been concerned with his degenerating mental health for some years”?
Ensure it leads into “now that you are seeking help for your disorders (plural) it must be easier”?
As the conversation will then continue to “bubble along amiably” perhaps allow the cheerful banter to continue...
• Perhaps offering him history on how his disorders (plural) forced you to become stronger mentally and physically? Could you offer plenty of advice and issue him time frames. Do you think it may be possible to have the conversation interspersed with “and another thing”?
• If you could describe in absolute detail how you have managed his disorders (plural) once you recognised his obsessive-compulsive personality problem you might insist he sit quietly and listen? Could a prepared list giving chapter and verse assist him?
• Maybe insist he identify which of these four issues below is causing him the most concern? Perhaps because of your training with the handicapped it is essential that he recognises that these issues are very difficult to diagnose and that you more qualified to assist him?
• Are you able to guide him? Possibly put in front of him a previously compiled list of the “top 100” disorders he has (to assist him) and request him to list the next 50?
• Would be interesting to have him comment on which of those four identified mental conditions below (in his opinion) causes the most concern for others?
Anxiety is the experience of having worry, fear, or feelings of trepidation. Mild to moderate or occasion severe feelings of anxiety are normal reactions to stressors in daily life. Anxiety can manifest in one's mood, behaviour, thoughts, and emotions. Although the experience of anxiety can be unpleasant, a normal amount of anxiety can serve to help people to recognize and more effectively deal with stressful situations, such as starting a new job or moving to a new country.
Depressive disorders: A depressive disorder is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts. It affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels.
Behavioural disorders: Disorders affecting behaviour and emotional wellbeing.
Personality disorders Are a group of mental conditions characterized by abnormal experiences or behaviour with respect to thinking, mood, personal relations and impulse control. People with personality disorders have a long-term history of behaviours and experiences that don't conform to the expectations of their culture or society. The behaviour of sufferers can cause them stress or reduced ability with respect to their personal, social and working life. Examples of personality disorders include avoidant personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
Do you understand that I am NOT offering a get even concept?
Could we view this just a means of establishing some guide lines for speeding his recovery?
Did you notice that my feminine side did it all with questions?
Damn i love scorpions. Nice sting in the tail HMMMMMM. Loved every word
OOOh, Mr S, nice approach. Yes, I'd love to do all that but can you imagine? Never mind rocking the boat, the entire damn thing would capsize! And dont forget, I gave him these disorders, so I should help him, no?
I gave him these disorders .....what a crock!
If you passed these mental afflictions to him you might also have passed them on to other classmates at Deakin?
What a breakthrough this could be.....the Alphabet diseases are passed on by a “carrier” that need only be in proximity to others.
Mental disorders that are passed on in a similar way to tuberculosis could be the foundation for a Nobel Prize I suspect.
Don’t mention this to others or your house will be quarantined!
I can see the ramifications for Gillard now.....
Can we select the Newspaper Headlines ?
• ”Diseased Australian causes mass panic in Malaysia”
• “Australia Deports Diseased Family”
• “Anwar Ibrahim behind plot to destroy Chinese community”
• “Segamat in lockdown as Malaysia fights outbreak of Alphabet Disease”
• “Children to be immunised against outbreak of Alphabet diseases”
Yep, all these seem reasonable also.
Love to see headlines by others.
Only a couple of questions though this time.
Cheers and good mental health to all.
Sorry I cannot stop Laughing. I hope its not hereditary OMG what have you done to the family reputation.
As the great Frasier Crane says "I'm listening". Sorry but I think my first diagnosis was correct, he is a certified sooky la la things are not being handed to him so he needs an scapegoat to blame for his failure. My 14 year old Son would say give him some harden the hell up pills.
Pete
What family reputation?
Your choice as between the 100 or so of us (I stopped counting after 100)I am sure we have reputations for all sorts of things good and bad.
Post a Comment