Monday, July 12, 2010

Detox Day 2

Woke this morning at 5.00 to the sound of raindrops and luckily (or not) remembered that the shoes were still outside drying. So I high-tailed it out of bed, went outside and gathered them all up, just before it really started pouring. I wash the kids school shoes once a week because they get so black and sometimes, only when it's raining of course, I forget to take them in again.

So that's how my morning started. I actually got back to bed after this and just as I was getting comfortable, the alarm went off at 6 and I had to get up again. This did not help my aching head. No matter, I got the daughter off to school, the ex off to the office and came back and slept on the couch for a while. In fact, because of the headache, I spent most of the day on the couch, slumming it, watching movies, feeling very tired.

My diet was a little more practical today. Lots of water, still no coffee or white carbs, but I did have fruit and weetbix for breakfast, vegies and chicken for lunch, and meat and vegies for dinner. For snacks I had a hot milo without extra sugar and some cheese and crackers.

The metallic taste in my mouth has passed, but fatigue and a headache have set in. And, uch to my horror, I'm sweating even more than normal. This all over, even while you are sitting down kind of sweating is not pleasant and I am about to have my 3rd shower for the day. Oh yes, and I was irritable and had a horrible homework session with the kids because I just could not cope with them not doing it in a timely manner.

The best part of my day was when my lovely son, gave me lots of hugs and kisses and then told me "I just love you too much". Then he started giggling, really cute-like, with his hand over his mouth and when I asked him what was up he said "I don't know, I just love you"... and then started rubbing his eyes and I asked him if he was crying and he said yes, but I'm happy... cos I just love you too much. Of course, being the sop that I am, I got wet eyes too. It was a very sweet moment (or 5) and one I will remember for a very long time.

Later he said he wanted to do something else for me. I asked him what and he said I should lie on the couch and listen to some music through the headphones and he'll press the buttons for me and that would make me feel better. He's worth every moment I spend managing him and his quirkiness. Every. Single. One. He really lights up my day. I've just put him to bed but I'm waiting for him to come back again and tell me something else - itchy nose, sore foot, thirsty... I wonder which it will be tonight.

Anyhoo, time for bed again. Even though I'm not driving daughter to school tomorrow, I still want to get up with her and help her because she's so tired. Ex will be taking the car to get fixed - that funny sound that's still coming from the back is the differential (whatever that is) about to cark it, so ex is hopefully getting it fixed in the morning.

PS Ahhh, here's my son, just walked in: tonight it's "I can't sleep" at 11.39pm!

pSS 40 sleepless minutes later, he had a blood nose. He must have an instinct about these things.

1 comment:

Melba said...

You're going well Jo. Keep up the good work.

x