For the first time ever, I'm going to do a detox program using a commercial product I bought from the pharmacy.
I'm going to feel unwell, tired, have a headache and go to the toilet a lot - or so they tell me.
I've been feeling tired for some time now, and just generally, I feel unhealthy. I've put on 5 kilos since I bragged about it sometime last year and my pants are getting tight. I often feel bloated and hungry even though I've just eaten. So I figure that I need to do something to help me break the carbs, sugar and coffee cycle that I'm sure has contributed to this feeling of unwellness.
I could do it by just cutting down and eating healthy things like fruit and veggies but I don't have the self discipline for that so I made myself spend RM159 for a weeks worth of a "specially formulated product containing lemon, probiotics and cleansing herbs" in the hope that it will motivate me to get off my fat arse and do something. I start tomorrow and finish next Saturday. The ad in the magazine says that this next 7 days will change my life. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I hope it does.
Here on the blog you unfortunate people will be able to read my rants and whinges as I keep a daily journal of what's happening (sans toilet details because that's just too much information, even for a private blog). I will log food eaten, emotions, physical symptoms and of course, any results that happen. Please note, I should not be held responsible for any shitty things I say here because you know, I'm not supposed to have coffee and these days, I get pretty shitty without my morning cuppa. I'm also dropping sugar and bread from my diet and I LOVE sugar and bread.
Hopefully by Saturday, I'll be writing about how bloody wonderful I'm feeling. We'll see. I'm generally skeptical about such products but I'm feeling a little desperate and this week ex gave me quite a bit of cash so I spent it on myself (and I took the kids to Malacca for a day and bought them a toy they didn't really need but loved to have!!). I'm also going to buy myself a stick blender so I can make pumpkin soup and not have to eat salad all week.
So wish me luck lovely friends. I shall report here tomorrow and every day after that and probably a few times more. I am also taking some time off teaching, so I'll have plenty of time to write. If I'm very toxic I'll be sick as a dog. If I'm not, I should sail through this week.
So, off to bed and here I go. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment