Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why is this still happening?

That horrible oil spill in the Gulf continues to affect lives. Like many people, once something is out of the headlines, I tend to forget about it. And perhaps wrongly so, I tend to believe that if I was affected by a disaster, I would want to be living in that country because you think they'd have the best minds and equipment to fix it. Not so apparently. Read about what these people are experiencing in an age where things are supposed to get better, where companies are supposed to have some sort of environmental compass that steers them in the right direction. People in supposedly the strongest country in the world, are getting sick and even dying, because BP are using horribly poisonous toxins in a desperate bid to clean up their mess.

BP Dispersants causing sickness

It feels to me like the US is about to implode. Unthinkable debt, terrorism, racism, poverty, oil spills, tornadoes and wars are things that not even Obama can fix. I like Obama, but I think he has THE most impossible job in the universe. I've stopped reading the news because I can't filter all the bad stuff that's happening and am only reminded why, when I stop and read a story like the above.

Time to stop off at GLAM NATION and get some of the good stuff that's happening.

Night all.

No comments: