but no, it's all normal, so I'm told.
I don't know why the fish are dying. We've tried everything. The tank is clean, there are now live plants in it (as opposed to decorative plastic ones, not dead ones), we've cleaned the water, fed them, got new ones because maybe the first lot were contaminated from the flood and yet still they insist on carking within a few hours of being in their new home. The kids wanted a pet. Ex is allergic to fluffy things, fish seemed perfect. All my kids have learned so far is that fish hate to travel and show it by dying within a few days of arriving. It's like they have a conspiracy going. They don't all die at once. They each await their specified turn, then, when no-one's looking, they go the float! What the hell! They don't realise that we are trying to teach our kids responsibility by having them look after pets. No, these pets have different ideas of their own. They want to teach my kids about 'fishy heaven' and 'how to catch dead fish with just one hand and no net' and 'how to be brave when the pet you think you love has just carked it'. And I'm sure the fish conspirators have cottoned onto ex and are trying to develop his problem solving skills to a higher level because he just can't figure this one out! Good god!. WHAT'S GOING ON?
*
So anyway, things have levelled out a bit. The panic mentioned in the previous post is gone (it might be with the dead fish!) and I'm slowly coming down from the dentist trauma - very slowly and nurofen is still my best friend. Apparently it's normal not to be able to eat for a week after this kind of extraction. My girlfriend in Melbourne told me that she loses weight every time she has a wisdom tooth out. Sounds good to me. The diet you're on when you're not really on a diet! I could do to lose a few pounds.
My arm has improved too but is still bent. After a 3 hour wait at the hospital today, I got to see an orthopaedic specialist. He didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. he did confirm that getting full mobility back after an injury like this is rare. However, the bone is back in the right place - good they got that one right, I'm doing all the right things (as in using it like normal) and now have to work harder at stretching the broken bits (ligaments and muscles) which should be fully healed and pain free in about 2 more weeks. Way to go!
Sigh, life's just peachy!
No comments:
Post a Comment