The earthquake in New Zealand is terrible. My heart and I'm sure most other people's, goes out to those poor devastated people, especially since they'd already survived a bigger quake last year.
The middle east is going to implode. People dying for the sake of democracy. PM here tells the people that protesting is NOT the way to go. Hmmm.
Ex has paid the education visa fees and I have the kids passports back with me. Mustn't forget to renew my own visa in June. Good to have the passports back. So precious.
The little boy I'm teaching to speak is speaking. He is imitating and pronouncing words more clearly. He can count to 10 in Chinese. Now need to get him to speak spontaneously. The kids in my English class are WANTING to make their own sentences. YAY! They want to learn, they ask questions. It's the best environment to teach in.
We have one fish left, dammit.
Need to ring my sister, after this I will. I wonder how her daughter, who has autism and is now finished school, is doing.
Watching Junior Masterchef with the kids. It's inspiring them to want to learn to cook. Those kids are amazing, the things they can do. Ex says, of course they can, it's only a skill. OK then.
I still can't open my mouth to eat a decent meal. At this rate, I'm going to have to start making soup. I can't live of soft bread, nurofen and coffee much longer. Need vitamins. Someone tell me that this will be gone next week.
My friends new house is gorgeous. I love it. They love it. Did I say it's gorgeous. The lighting is lovely. The rainbow light on the hall wall is like a happy surprise and indicative of W's quirky but tasteful design talent. And he is talented. Both the front door and the back porch look like Home Beautiful photos. The house is white throughout and tastefully accented with muted colours. They invited me to go to their place for a holiday - I may take them up on it. TV, computer, beautiful kitchen, and a treadmill upstairs in their mini-gym. What more do I need.
It's peaceful and cool. We've just had a refreshing heavy rain. I feel like I'm starting to come out of this funk I've been in. I've been sleeping late and getting up late (ie going back to bed once the kids are in school) but when I'm awake, I'm doing things and not just lying on the couch. I'm reading lots - blogs, news, articles on spirituality - all good stuff. Some brilliantly funny writers out there.
Tonight's dinner is baked, marinated pork, cabbage and rice. I'll have to slice my pork thinly. I'm glad I can eat with chopsticks as a spoon and a fork are to big to get into my mouth! OK, time to go ring my sister.
Cheers people.
4 comments:
You're coming out of a funk and I'm going into one...interesting! Glad to hear your week is going better - and hope your mouth is slightly more operational in a matter of hours, if not days (but certainly not weeks...)
xx
Hi there Nicola, I hope your funk's not as long as my funk. I'm so sick of feeling broken - arm, jaw, had the flu and other little shitty bits that happened. Good luck for the next few weeks while your ex visits. Thinking of you.
Hugs.
Along with a few others we banded together and sent tents and tarpaulins to Christchurch.
It is a strange feeling thinking back on some things.
I was actually standing in that Christchurch square some years back looking at what is now a non church.
With the deaths of those poor souls in the Church I wonder if it will be rebuilt?
If it is not rebuilt I wonder what they will replace it with?
On a much happier note I am intrigued to know how old is "the little boy" that you are teaching to speak?
Judging by the way you have measured this improvement I suspect the parents are over the moon.
Best wishes to all.
Mr S, the boy is 3 and a half. I've been teaching him for 6 months. She seems happy with his progress. It's been a long road for her. When she had him assessed, I don't know by whom, she was told he was hyperactive and autistic. During his first session, this diagnosis puzzled me, because I couldn't see any signs of those two disorders and I sensed that instead, he was quite clever. At a recent assessment by an educational psychologist, it has been proven that he is neither autistic nor hyperactive. Instead he has problems with his expressive language. This is a better diagnosis because it means his behaviour problems are learned (and he can un-learn them, a problem which I am also addressing) and he can probably go to normal school in a few years. So yes, I think his mother is quite happy with the way he is going. I can see his progress week by week which is very exciting as I'm used to seeing progress happen very, very slowly. He's a pleasure to teach.
Post a Comment