Now that it's out in the open, things are so much lighter. It's like the sky has opened up. I've been looking at schools and have a few to choose from. One school in our area has a special focus on multimedia and the arts. Another has sports. So much choice. . AND...AND....there's a Chinese language school that has opened up about 25 minutes down the road that has classes on Saturdays that i would love my kids to go to. SO GOOD. They can keep up their mandarin and do sports or join stuff and we can shop down the road and eat great food that we like every day and we don't even have to eat rice.
OMG the possibilities are endless.
And we have family to visit and who will visit us, friends who are like us, we'll be able to understand everyone (well at least the words that come out of their mouths)
And it's very exciting and a little scary at the same time.
I've packed 3 boxes. Books, some toys, and a few things I've collected over the years. Clothes and suitcases next week. Computer is not coming, that's what portable hard disks are for. iPad is coming. Clothes and personal effects, cables, chargers and phones, all coming with me.
Yesterday was a big day. Dentist visit first for my son who had a tiny cavity that needed seeing too, then a visit to the optometrists. The kids are getting myopia control lenses and I can get them for a good price here. Their current glasses will be their backup sets. I'm getting new ones too, since i have a tendency to mangle mine every chance I get. Got my broken phone refurbished so I have a back up phone and my daughter can use it if need be. We saw my mother in law who has generously invited us for dinner tonight. The vibes I get from her are still positive. We always seem to have such good conversations. It'll be awkward tonight though because I always seem to make some sort of social gaffe when we're together, I'm bound to embarrass him. I don't care anymore though. I'm going home and that's what matters.
After that, we went to tell Mrs Ong, Zhi Lin's mother. It was hard telling her. I choked a little, then she looked sad and asked me if i was sure that i was going home, that nothing else could be done. I said no, cannot anymore and then the heavy air of sad acceptance settled over us while the kids played, oblivious to the drama unfolding right next to them.
So most people know now. It's been sad telling them but ultimately i am happy to be going home. The kids are having their ups and downs, at times really pushing their limits with me. Since it's holidays this week (Malay new year and national day) my two best friends are out of town. Hopefully they will be back soon. Ex's mother knows, but she is quite philosophical about it all, so is doing what she can to help.
I'm good. Ex should be booking the tickets today. I gave him copies of the passports last night. Cross fingers.
Kids are handling this very, very well. So proud of them.
7 comments:
Glass half empty parents would love to know the date.
When we got the message you were returning your "glass half empty dad" was in the car with me.
Joy of joys then back to glass half empty just in case there was another delay.
Since then I have called him Mr Glass half empty.
Next time you are talking to him please call him Mr Glass Half Empty guy.
I am sure he will laugh.
Sorry, still don't have a date. Getting a bit anxious myself so will need to push the issue tonight. Don't know why he's taking so long, but need to be patient -again. I tell you if i can see this through, nothing at home will stress me out.
I saw your dad tonight and called him a "glass quarter full guy".
We had a laugh about it.
Now I am saving the following statement...."I tell you if i can see this through, nothing at home will stress me out".
Your kids are not teenagers yet BUT I will save that comment for when you need a laugh.
I wonder if ex has the money to buy the tickets?
Just call me Mr Glass Half Empty guy.
He said he has the money Mr S.
How are things Jo?
I accept he said he had the money.
I wondered IF he actually has the money.
There just appeared to be an unresolved delay in purchasing the tickets.
I just had the strange feeling that he may be attempting to borrow the money and perhaps having trouble doing so.
Perhaps it is just the way my mind operates because “Ex” is / was normally very organised.
Here I was having visions........ Buy the tickets at 0930, book taxi 0955, say goodbye 1533 etc.
Best to all.
Hmmm good point Mr S.
Thinking of you Jo. See, the tension is making me and Mr S a little snappy with each other!
Post a Comment