An Australian mum living in a difficult (but not abusive) domestic situation, overseas in Malaysia. My life is a roller coaster of emotion, depending upon how I happen to be coping at the time. In between rantings, whinging and learning to deal with life, I also teach kids with special learning needs and have things to say on what life is like here. It's a brutally honest blog, so proceed to read with caution.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Confirmed
On the 10th of September, at 10.30pm, my two children and i will board a plane for home.
I feel like crap. Yesterday was not a good day. As ex was giving us a lift to my sister in law's house, I gently reminded him that he should have taken the copies of the passports with him. I ummmed and ahhhed about whether i should mention it, finally deciding that I was entitled to say something given that it concerned me as well. He got angry. Told me that i'd already mentioned it a few times (i had mentioned it once before) and that i'd already put the passports on his table a couple of times ( not even possible, cos it's not like he gave them back and then i put them on the tabke again) and that he wasn't trying to delay anything, he just had to get a few things settled first. We continued our short drive to my in-laws place, going a lot faster than when we started out.
I didn't get why he was angry. I never do. Even if i can turn it around in my mind to see it from his point of view, i can't see it. But then i can't really do that because i don't know about his circumstances. He never says anything, operating in a cloud of privacy that he's not willing to let me, or anyone, see in to. In that respect, i worry for him. He always thinks he has to do things on his own and he rarely asks for help when he needs it.
I didn't really think much more of it and my sis in law and i took the kids for lunch. We don't normally do this, but ahe found out from her kids that we were leaving. A lunch i got a msg from ex asking me if i'd said anything to my doctor. Even though it's none of his business, i told him i didn't say anything, and i hadn't and he asked me agwin if i'd seen the doctor since our decision for me to leave. I don't know what he was trying to determine, but i think the doctor knows and now ex thinks i've told him and perhaps said it in a way that makes me the vicitm in this sordid mess. That on top of the ticket fiasco has added to his anger and so last night he slept at the office. That of course unsettled the kids and they couldn't sleep, so i let them stay up and we watched some dvd's in my room while a storm, literally, raged outside, as if exemplifying ex's mood and reminding us of why we were by ourselves last night.
i'm pretty stable at the moment. No spiralling, no black moods, but i'm a little jumpy. I just don't know what to expect when ex comes back. Dysfunction sees dysfunction so whatever i do will be wrong. I'm going to keep to myself, do what needs to be done so i can get home, whatever it takes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The bit about the doctor is strange Jo. What could ex possibly have in his mind about the doctor knowing or not knowing that you are going?
You see the same doctor don't you? Which I've said before concerns me. Ex is angry and I think sounds unstable; do you feel safe?
I have a wonderful imagination Jo, it jumps at everything. But what you're saying worries me.
I feel safe, but a bit on edge. I didn't sleep well last night so maybe I'm just tired.
With regards to the dr, he hasn't seen that doctor for ages. He stopped quite a while ago, but ex's mum sees that doctor, so maybe she has said something and it's gotten back to ex somehow. Can't see how though. He's the same doctor that told me "Bring the kids back home" and has been very good to me.
Try not to worry. I have passports and money packed. I could read so many things into his behaviour too but for the moment, I'm taking him at face value. He said he'd do the tickets, he has. He said the kids can come back with me and he hasn't done anything to make me think he doesn't mean this. He came back today in a better mood, so that's what I'm going with. Will keep you posted.
Okay I'm reassured, I'm being a ningog (the word verification thing I am about to type in). It's all very exciting, I bet you can't believe it, and once you're back you will be so proud of how everything's turned out. You really can take a lot of credit for it Jo. You've kept so on top of things.
Bet your family are excited.
Hugsssss
xxxx
Thanks MG. It good to have people looking out for me.
My family are VERY excited, but perhaps like me, not quite believing it yet.
A little off topic perhaps BUT what are you going to do with the blog?
How will we keep in touch?
Cheers to all.
Post a Comment