I'm still happy and I just can't believe it. Yes, I had a bit of a shitty weekend, what with the xanax and all, but it was over really quickly and I've gotten on with things. The day after, I had a biggish headache, just to remind me that I don't need that kind of stress. After a good night's sleep, it was gone and I'm up again.
I feel strange, like I'm not me, but knowing that it is me. I can look out and see situations from other people's viewpoint, I can appreciate who they are and what their story might be. I understand a lot more about what makes people behave the way they do and realise it's not all about me. The focus is off me and I love it. For the first time in my life, I can say that I'm truly comfortable with myself. Not that I'm perfect, definitely not, but I'm comfortable with my good and bad points.
I can say I'm lazy and I don't cringe or try to hide it. I can look at the past with a new appreciation of what ex went through, how I was and where I was coming from. I understand why I was like that, and why I can still return there, given the right circumstances and mindset. When I'm stressed, I know it and do something about it, rather than try to push through it in impossible circumstances. And I can smile, even when someone tells me I 'should' be doing something this way or that.
I can look up and be grateful for what I have and what I've been through, because I know that it's brought me to this place where I never thought I'd be. This place, where my mind has stopped chattering meaninglessly and my body has started doing stuff, is reasonably peaceful, fresh and happy - it's the only way I can describe it.
My parents always wanted us to do things that made us happy. I've struggled a long time and been very unhappy. Now, after all the reading, writing, searching, arguing, talking (uggh, the hours of talking), after everything, I can say that I'm happy and I enjoy my life. Of course, I'm wary about it all - the reality that it won't last, but I'm not expecting it to. Life is up and down and we have to deal with it the best way we can. I will deal with whatever comes, in the best way I know how. I trust my instincts now, knowing that my decisions are not always made with myself in mind. I CAN put my kids first, damn it. I don't always make decisions based on what I want and when I want it. I can make decisions based on what's needs to be done and for whom.
It's a turn around that I'd never thought I'd make and honestly, if I can get here, anyone else can. Trust me, I do! :)
3 comments:
yay you. big hugs, i came by to see how you were going after the last post.
very hot here, all sweltering but ok.
xxx
thanks melba. Glad you guys are doing OK in the heat. I've just re-read the post and I make it sound like I've been through this huge tragedy, so I was wondering if it was a little over the top. Butwhat I was trying to articulate is that the stretches of peace and stability are so very welcome and appreciated - like a warm bath. Hmmmm.
Our lives are all tragedies, well mine's more of a tragi-comedy!
Cooler now in Melbs, yay.
Post a Comment