Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dream

I know that when we dream, it's often a representation of other things and doesn't usually have a literal meaning. Hence, I'm not worried about the dream I had yesterday, but it was SO vivid, I woke up feeling like a train wreck.

The kids and I were on a plane, waiting to take off. It was the second attempt and as we took off I knew it wasn't going to work. The plane speeded up but the runway was too short and we went over the side. The plane lifted and then dived and I knew we were going to crash. As we plunged into the trees below, which I could see, I was thinking 'this is it, this is how it's going to end'. I wasn't scared. I had an arm around each of the kids and then just as we hit the trees, I knew it was going to be OK. It was as though, through the strength of the thoughts, I managed to keep the plane in one piece - tall order, I know. We'd skimmed the trees and landed with the fuselage in one piece.

Next scene: Somehow, we got to an abandoned hotel that was still in pretty good condition. The family of one of my students was also there. Their mother and I were keeping a check on the kids while trying to find food and a place to rest, while waiting to be rescued. Nobody had been hurt in the crash, but the hotel was in the middle of some dense jungle.

Next scene: After being rescued, I was driving along a road surrounded by jungle and stopped where I knew the plane had crashed. I looked around and could only see trees. The road was newly paved, with bright white centre lines and it looked a little wet. As I looked around, I expected myself to experience some sort of traumatic emotional response, but nothing happened. I was OK with it.

And I woke up.

So, what's your interpretation. I have my own already. I don't normally bother that much with dreams as such, but this one was so real, I just had to write about it. Let's compare. If you don't, I'll put mine up anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait for a rational dream explanation.

If it was me I would think "I just had a dream about a plane crash".

Too boring though I guess.

Give this to a head doctor and I suspect the doctor can interpret whatever you wish.

Cheers

phoenixmummy said...

Well it could have just been about a plane crash, but yep, that's too boring.

In year 12 English, we were taught to interpret and give meaning to the most mundane things. So here I am 27 years later still doing it.

I interpreted it as a sign that the children and I will get through these tough times together, that's the basic message. It will be scary, rocky and sometimes terrifying, but we will emerge in tact, TOGETHER.

Get it now??


Cheers to all at home.

Anonymous said...

That sounds terrific to me.

I knew I should have listened more closely to my English teacher.

Mind you WAY BACK then we mainly did English.

Shame the dream did not have you flying home with the kids, landing at Tullamarine then sitting down having a coffee with mum and dad while sitting in the lucky chair.

Still with a bit more planning who knows what the next dream might be.

Oh yes, your dad will know what I mean by the lucky chair!

Cheers

Melba said...

I know two things only about dream interpretation.First, as Mr S says: If you dream about your teeth falling out, first check to see if you need to go to the dentist.

Second: If that literal interpretation doesn't hold, then you can look at the deeper meanings.


Actually three: the interpretation that resonates with you is the one for you. Others can suggest stuff but if it doesn't make sense to you, then it's meaningless.

x