Saturday, August 20, 2011

breathe

tomorrow is the kids birthday celebration. It was never meant to be a 'party' because I can't cope with that - not while ex is looking on. It's an afternoon tea - 2 friends each for lunch - hot dogs and fries, family an hour later for cake and afternoon tea. None of my friends are coming, because I didn't ask them. Now I wish they were. I want their smiling faces and encouraging words and strong vibes. I hate doing this. I'll get through the day and at the end of it the kids will be tired and ex will go to his room - no thanks or appreciation. Just nothing.

I hate this.

2 comments:

Melba said...

Turn to the pain and difficulty Jo and instead of thinking you hate it, make yourself be okay. You do so much for the kids, you can do this. Smile, we love you. Hugsssss

xxx

phoenixmummy said...

Thanks Melba, yes, hating is resisting and is pointless. I know what you mean when you say turn to it. I did and now it's over and the kids had a good day. I did OK too. I smiled and made myself get through it because I wanted to be OK with it.

it was just a birthday after all. :)